Ebenezer Information obtained from the Centenary Booklet of 1935 Old United Methodist Free Church Chapel, Canal Bank, Patricroft 1838-1888 Cottage in Peel Green Road where the Church first met. 1835 - 1838 The final building on Liverpool Road, near Patricroft Bridge 1888-1972 The War Memorial Screen 1914-1919 The latest 3 Ministers at Ebenezer up to 1935 Revs. H. Parish, Wilson Craig, Fred Heslop Church Secretary John O’Brien 1892-1935 Church Choir People associated with Ebenezer for over 50 years by 1935. There were a lot more, but they couldn’t attend for the photograph . There were 31 in total. Trustees and Leaders Teachers and Officers of the Sunday School Girl Guides and Brownies Boys’ Brigade and Life Boys List of Ministers up to 1935 E. Lang T. H. Opie J. F. Hughes John Taylor W. S. Micklethwaite F. Spencer James Harrison J. T. Bilsborrow H. Parish W. Wilson Craig F. Heslop (current) In 1913, a Bazaar enabled the Church to relieve itself of £800 of its debt. A Bazaar in 1930 raised over £1300, which meant the debt was cleared and a new manse bought! Methodism in this area began with the establishment of Barton Methodist Church in 1797 Weekly Meetings

Click here for a Whit Walk photo